University: Selective Universities of Finland
The Finland Scholarship offers international students from outside the EU/EEA help in funding university education in Finland, ensuring they get the best support for making most of their studies, nurturing their talents and launching successful careers after graduation. The scholarships are aimed at gifted non-EU/EEA students who are liable to tuition fees and apply for international master’s program at the Finnish universities.The scholarship covers a first-year tuition fee and a relocation grant of 5000€ as a minimum. Many universities offer further scholarship options for the second year of master’s studies, please see the links for the participating institutions.
About Study in FINLAND:
Finland’s world-leading higher education system offers more than 550 English-taught bachelor’s and master’s degree program in 13 universities and 22 universities of applied sciences (UAS). The universities also offer English-taught doctoral degree options. Finnish higher education institutions have over 20 000 international students studying in several locations around Finland. All universities and universities of applied sciences have scholarship opportunities for international students.
List Of Universities:
The following Universities are participating in this scholarship program:
- Aalto University
- University of Helsinki
- University of Eastern Finland
- University of Jyväskylä
- University of Lapl and LUT University
- University of Oulu
- Hanken School of Economics
- University of the Arts Helsinki
- Tampere University
- University of Turku
- University of Vaasa
- Åbo Akademi University
The scholarships are aimed at gifted non-EU/EEA students who are liable to tuition fees and apply for international master’s program at the Finnish universities. The scholarship covers a first-year tuition fee and a relocation grant of 5000€ as a minimum. Many universities offer further scholarship options for the second year of master’s studies, please see the links for the participating institutions
For Doctoral Fellowship:
As part of the Finland Scholarship program, Finland Fellowships is a funding option for non-EU/EEA students and researchers admitted to start their Doctoral studies at one of Finnish research and arts universities. The Finland Fellowship contributes to the salary paid by your Finnish university and also includes a 2000€ arrival grant. Check the Finland Fellowship details with your Finnish university – see list above. Finland Scholarships are available for 2024. The scholarships are funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- You need to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent to apply for a master’s degree program.
- University master’s degrees take 2 years of full-time study, amounting to 120 ECTS credits.
- UAS master’s degrees take 1-1.5 years to complete, and amount to 60–90 ECTS credits.
- To be eligible to apply to a UAS master’s program, you also need to have gained at least 2 years of work experience in the field after completing your bachelor’s degree. (University Master’s do not usually include this work experience requirement.)
DOCTORAL (PHD) DEGREES
- Doctoral level education is provided by universities. You need a master’s degree to be eligible to apply for a doctoral degree program.
- A doctoral degree usually takes around 4 years to complete and consists of 240 ECTS credits.
- Finnish universities offer both graduate schools and doctoral program. For more information on doctoral studies, contact the universities directly.
- No tution Fee for entire Masters and PHD program
- Relocation grant of Euro 5000 for Masters and Euro 2000 for Phd
- Free Accommodation will also be provided by the University.
The last date to apply for this scholarship is 17th January 2024.