Duration:- 19-23 Oct 2023(Men). 25th -30th Oct 2023(Women)
Deadline:- 31st July, 2023
CALL FOR APPLICATION:-
The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) proudly announces “the ICYF International Media Training Camp for Journalism for Juniors” to equip young people by developing content – stories in a powerful way for being the voice of their communities to be held on 18 – 30 October 2023.
The ICYF, in partnership with the TRT, will organize the “ICYF International Media Training Camp – Journalism for Juniors”, which will expose youth from the OIC Member States to teach the ethical values and basic principles of journalism young people.
The training aims to empower a new generation of young journalists on the journey of digital storytelling and news reporting in the information age using daily tools. The training program focuses on young people ages 18 to 25 and offers an opportunity to learn new skills in mobile journalism, storytelling, field production, and journalism basics.
- To support the development of young people sensitive to global and social issues, capable of contributing to society and humanity, and to empower young people with leadership qualities.
- To empower young journalists to understand and evaluate the reliability of digital media.
- To share among participants their individual experiences of the media and how the mainstream media’s inaccuracy sometimes creates problems for smaller communities.
- To promote youth media participation in diverse communities.
- To strengthen youth connection to heritage, language, culture, and identity through media.
- To make sustainable and impactful long-term by increasing the interest of young people in the media sector, providing answers to their questions about the profession, and encouraging them to pursue a career in journalism and media.
LOCATION and DATE
Location: Marmaracık Youth Camp, Sarıyer, Istanbul, Türkiye
Date: 18 -23 October for Young Men
25 – 30 October for Young Women
- Muslim Youth living in Istanbul who are from the 56 OIC Member States, Muslim Youth from the OIC Member States, and Muslim Minorities from the Non-OIC Member States
- Ability to communicate in English
- Aged between 18–25
- Eager to learn media issues and topics
- Involved or interested in media-related projects
- Passionate and responsible for attending the entire training program
To Apply :-Registration Form