Country: Waterside, British Airways Head Office, London
Duration: June 2024 to August 2024 (10 weeks)
Get a taste of our Future Leaders Graduate Program with this exciting Internship. It may only last the summer, but you’ll pack plenty in. Take on responsibility in a placement in one of our Head Office departments. You’ll complete projects, business as usual tasks, and activities that make a real difference to our business – all while working alongside knowledgeable colleagues who’ll guide and support you. It’s a true experience of what it is like to work in a corporate environment. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to build your network with the Graduate community and learn about other areas of the business too. We’ve always been interested in different perspectives and viewpoints. Fresh thinking and new ideas. So we encourage applicants from any degree field. The internship is tailored to every individual, based on your career ambitions, strengths, areas of development and where we have exciting projects, you will grow in confidence, increase your employability and grow your leadership skills.
- You will have the desire to try new things, challenge yourself and develop in a short time.
- You’ll need the ability to think creatively, work independently but also not be afraid to speak up.
- You’ll need to be a great teammate, working with your fellow interns, in your department and even across the wider business and external partners.
- We are looking for a minimum of a predicted 2:2 degree, or equivalent, in any subject.
Looking to join our graduate scheme? You won’t be disappointed. Recently winning in both Target Jobs ‘Most Popular Graduate Employer in the Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain’ and ‘The Sustainability in Early Talent Recruitment’ categories, ranking #15 in the ‘GTI Top 300 Graduate Employers’ and #83 in the ‘The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers’, we can’t wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for interns at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our graduate community:
- Access to and part of our graduate network and community, with the opportunity to engage with graduates from all schemes in the business and learn from former graduates
- Involvement in our bold sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ ‘Flying Proud’ and ethnic minority network ‘BeMe’
- Involvement in Community Investment programs’, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools, colleges and universities, sharing personal experiences to inspire, empower and mentor students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to discounted flights to travel the world, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
- Opportunity to continue your British Airways experience following your internship by becoming a ‘Campus Ambassador’
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one graduate program. We would recommend for you to read about each graduate scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the online tests, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
At British Airways we all have a part to play in creating an inclusive place to work. Diverse representation among our people is really important to us and we recognize that all our colleagues are uniquely different and bring their own originality, creativity and identity to work.
Inclusion and diversity is a key driver of innovation and we’re committed to creating a culture where everyone feels that they can be themselves. We’re looking for people from all backgrounds and cultures to join us and be a part of our journey to become a Better BA as we continue to connect Britain with the world and the world with Britain.
- Initial applications open between 2 October – 29 November but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview in December
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre in February 2024