Country: Saudi Arabia
Fee: Fully Sponsored
KFUPM is a premier university in Saudi Arabia, the Middle East, and North Africa regions. KFUPM was established on September 23, 1963, by a Saudi royal decree as the College of Petroleum and Minerals, to provide high-level education in the academic fields of petroleum and minerals, two of the most valuable natural resources in Saudi Arabia.
We welcome outstanding and talented prospective graduate students from around the nation and the world to apply for Graduate Studies. Besides national students, KFUPM currently has international graduate students from 28 different nationalities. This adds to the richness & diversity of the academic and research environment at KFUPM.
The University currently offers 32 Master programs and 11 Doctoral programs in a full range of traditional disciplines, as well as interdisciplinary programs that anticipate market trends and respond to national needs. KFUPM provides full MS and PhD scholarships for distinguished graduate applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences and Business.
Distinguished Partnership of KFUPM with International Institutions
KFUPM has a very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative research with the following international institutions:
- MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy.
- Stanford: Oil, Gas, and Geosciences.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Petrochemicals and Polymers.
- Technical University of Munich: Refining and Petrochemicals.
- Cambridge University: Oil and Gas.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech): Geo-signal Processing and Smart Grids.
- National University of Singapore: Refining and Petrochemicals
- KAUST: Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
- Saudi Aramco (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research disciplines.
- SABIC (one of the leading petrochemical companies worldwide): Refining, Petrochemical, and Polymers.
- In addition to many world-class universities and industries in different research fields.
|Chemical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|City & Regional Planning||M.C.R.P.|
|Civil & Environmental Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Computer Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Computer Science||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Construction Engineering & Management||M.Sc.|
|Electrical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Industrial & Systems Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Information Assurance & Security||M.Sc.|
|Materials Science & Engineering||M.Sc.|
|Mathematical Sciences||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Petroleum Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Systems & Control Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
Basic application requirements for Master Programs in Science and Engineering:
- A four-year Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or science from a recognized institution with a major in the proposed field or evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field.
- A Grade-Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent (For Scholarship Students)
- A Grade-Point Average (GPA) of 2.50 or higher on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent (For Non-Scholarship Applicants).
Basic application requirement for Ph.D. Programs:
- An M.S. degree in engineering or science (after a four-year B.S. degree) from an institution whose graduate programs are equivalent to those of KFUPM, with a major in the proposed field or evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent in both B.S. and M.S. degrees.
How to Apply:
All graduate admissions are administered by the Deanship of Graduate Studies (DGS). Candidates who intend to enroll in graduate programs at the University need to submit an online application available on University official website (Link given Below) The online application is available only during the application periods according to the posted application deadlines. The graduate admission is open twice a year for the two semesters: The Fall Term (usually starting in September) and the Spring Term (usually starting in February).
- Copy of identification (Passport for international applicants / National ID for Saudi nationals / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals at KFUPM).
- Recommendation Letters from academic referees through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
- Certificates for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD) if degrees granted.
- GMAT score (for international MBA applicants).
The Admissions deadlines are given below:-
|ACTIVITY||FALL SEMESTER (AUG 2024)||SPRING SEMESTER (JAN 2025)|
|Opening Online Application||Oct. 25, 2023||May. 22, 2024|
|Last Day for submitting Online Application and Uploading Documents||Dec. 17, 2023||Jun. 29, 2024|
|Last Day for submitting Online Recommendations||Dec. 24, 2023||Jul. 6, 2024|
|Last day for Announcement of Application Results||Mid. April||Mid. October|