University: Selective Universities of Newzealand.
Program: Bachelors/ Masters/ PHD
The New Zealand Government offers scholarships to eligible citizens from developing countries to study in New Zealand. These scholarships are from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade New Zealand. The purpose of these scholarships is to provide recipients with academic study to learn new skills and acquire knowledge to assist in the social and economic development of their home country when they return home. The New Zealand Aid Program provides scholarships as part of the New Zealand’s mission to support sustainable development to reduce poverty, and contribute to a more secure, equitable and prosperous world. Scholarships are offered in specific subject areas that are most relevant to the development needs of the recipient’s country. This is so they can contribute to making a positive difference to their country when they return home at the end of their scholarship. Depending on your country you may apply at certificate, undergraduate or postgraduate level.
They offers a number of undergraduate and postgraduate options in recommended subjects such as:
- Agribusiness Management
- Architectural Technology
- Business & Commerce
- Environmental Management
- Information Technology
- Marketing & Management
- Nursing & Health Sciences
- Sport Science
Apply for the MFAT New Zealand Scholarship during the month of February with the Southern Institute of Technology as your preferred institute of study, choosing from the recommended areas of study for your region. MFAT approved courses for your region.
Complete an international student application form Once you have been accepted for an MFAT Scholarship complete an International Student application form. You can find this online or at the back of this prospectus. Please write clearly in English.
Please submit your application online on the link given at the end.
Make sure you include copies of your passport or birth certificate (verified copy) Transcripts and academic achievements with English translations (if applicable).
- To apply for New Zealand Scholarship, you must be 18 years old or older when you start your scholarship. This means if you are 17 years of age when you apply, you must have your 18th birthday before you start your scholarship in semester one. There is no upper age limit for applicants. However, we do prefer applicants who are under 40 years of age.
- Postgraduate scholarship applicants and applicants who finished high school more than 3 years ago, must have relevant work experience. Work experience can be paid, unpaid or voluntary, and must meet the following criteria: One year of full-time work experience (i.e. 30 hours or more per week), OR Two years of part-time work experience (i.e. up to 29 hours per week).
- Successful scholarship applicants must meet both the academic entry requirements and the English language requirements determined by each education institution.
- An overall IELTS score of 6.0 and no band less than 5.5
- A TOEFL score of 80 on the internet-based test with a writing score of 21
- An overall PTE Academic score of 50, with no communication skills score less than 42
- A Cambridge Academic English (advanced) overall score of 169 with no bands less than 162.
For PHD Applicants only:
PhD applicants should look for a supervisor as soon as possible….
From an early stage, PhD scholarship applicants should look for and email suitable PhD supervisors at New Zealand universities. PhD scholarship applicants who make it to the interview stage will need to provide evidence at the interview that they have either secured a supervisor or are in active discussions with a potential supervisor.
These scholarships can include:
- Full tuition fees.
- A living allowance – this is a contribution to basic living expenses.
- An initial establishment allowance on arrival.
- Medical insurance.
- Ongoing pastoral care.
- Travel from and to your home country – this is for travel from and return to your home country at the start and end of your scholarship.
- Home leave or reunion travel for some scholars.
- Assistance with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate research students.
The Deadline to apply for this Scholarship is 15th February 2024.