Country: Amsterdam, Netherland
University: University of Amsterdam
- Masters Program:
- September 2024 intake:
The University of Amsterdam is ambitious, creative and committed: a leader in international science and a partner in innovation, the UvA has been inspiring generations since 1632. We are an innovative, committed and independent university that is working towards a sustainable and prosperous future. Interdisciplinary research, cooperation and innovation are the key to scientific innovation. We rank among the international top institutions of higher education. Digitalization in research is transforming the methods of all disciplines and the teaching of the future. For this reason, we invest in new areas of expertise, teamwork and a state-of-the-art infrastructure for research and new, innovative teaching methods. This leads to closer cooperation between disciplines helped by our strength in artificial intelligence, data science and complexity and to a smart combination of on-campus and online teaching, allowing for more interaction and a more intensive learning experience.
The University of Amsterdam (UvA) aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the EU/EEA can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS).
The University of Amsterdam (UvA)offers approx. 150 Masters program which are taught in English. The major field of study are:
- Arts and Culture
- Child Development and Education
- Communication and Media
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Language, Literature and Area Studies
- Life and Earth Sciences
- People and Society
- You are eligible to apply for admissions if you hold an academic Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree.
Our Master’s program are in English. Good English skills are essential for successful class participation and understanding. To ensure this, we’ll assess your English skills through specific proficiency tests listed below.
Tests and required scores :
- TOEFL iBT Test: minimum total score of 92 with a minimum of 22 per subscore. You can use the institution code 9011 to have your score report sent to us.
- IELTS Academic: overall band score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 per subscore. Please note that the IELTS Indicator test is not allowed.
- Cambridge C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency: overall score of 180 and a minimum of 180 per skill.
Did you obtain your previous education in the Netherlands, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, Malta, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States of America? Or are your English proficiency test results older than 2 years and did you obtain an academic degree or exchange.
Your Previous CGPA:
Previous experience has shown that applicants with a GPA equivalent to a Dutch grade of 7.0 and higher have a good chance to be selected to the program. Check this list to see which grade is equivalent to a Dutch 7.0 in your degree. Please note that applications with a lower GPA can still be submitted and will be assessed.
Your motivation letter:
The motivation letter (max. one A4) allows you to explain why you would be a good fit for the Master’s program and which experiences have led you to this decision.
The deadline for Master program is as fallows:
September 2024 intake:
For students with a non-EU/EEA nationality and an international (non- Dutch) degree:
- If you are applying for a scholarship: 15 January 2024
- If you require a Visa and/or would like to apply for UvA Housing: 1 April 2024
For students with an EU/EEA nationality and an international (non- Dutch) degree
- If you would like to apply for UvA Housing: 1 April 2024
- If you don’t want to apply for UvA Housing: 1 May 2024
For all students with a Dutch degree
- 1 June 2024 (or 1 April 2024 if you require a new Visa/Residence permit)