Scholarships are intended for excellent students from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland who want to complete a Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
We are among the top 1% of the world’s research universities because the University of Helsinki is often ranked among the top 100 best universities.
International Master’s Courses:-
- Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural, Environmental and Resource Economics (AGERE)
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Changing Education
- Chemistry and Molecular Sciences
- Computer Science
- Contemporary Societies
- Data Science
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- English Studies
- Environmental Change and Global Sustainability
- European and Nordic Studies
- Food Sciences
- Forest Sciences
- Genetics and Molecular Biosciences
- Geology and Geophysics
- Global Governance Law
- Global Politics and Communication
- Human Nutrition and Food-Related Behaviour
- Integrative Plant Sciences
- Intercultural Encounters
- International Business Law
- Life Science Informatics
- Linguistic Diversity and Digital Humanities
- Materials Research (MATRES)
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnology
- Particle Physics and Astrophysical Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Research, Development and Safety
- Russian, Eurasian, and Eastern European Studies
- Theoretical and Computational Methods
- Translational Medicine (TRANSMED)
- Urban Studies and Planning
Scholarships for application round 2023-24:
Each degree programme may award scholarships covering either 50% or 100 % of the tuition fee.
Tuition fees range from 13 000 to 18 000 euros.
Duration of the scholarship is two years. For all scholarships, students are required to study full time (earn at least 55 ECTS per year) to fulfil the requirements of the scholarship. After the first study year, the progress of your studies will be checked and, depending on your progress, the scholarship will be continued.
As part of the national Finland Scholarship programme University of Helsinki awards Finland Scholarships. You may apply for this scholarship when applying for our international master’s degree programmes.
Finland scholarships covers 100% tuition fee and also includes a 5000 € relocation grant. The scholarship and the 5000 EUR will be renewed for the second year of your studies in case you complete at least 55 credits during your first study year. University of Helsinki may award up to one Finland scholarship for a newly admitted student of each master’s degree programme.
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You are eligible for the Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
- You are liable for tuition fees: Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who do not have permanent residence status in the Finland are liable for tuition fees.
- You meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland.
- You have obtained excellent results in your previous studies and can prove this in your application.
The scholarships for new students will be awarded on the basis of academic overall assessment: Previous academic performance and possible letters of motivation, in addition to which the grounds presented by applicants in their grant applications will be taken into consideration. Also University’s and programmes strategic goals can be taken into account.
You may not apply for a scholarship from a specific category, but you can give this as additional information as part of your scholarship application.
- The Master’s programme conducts an academic assessment of your degree application and your scholarship application.
- The Master’s programme chooses the scholarship recipients of 50% and 100% waivers. Each programme may also award one Finland Scholarship for admitted tuition fee-liable student.
If you have applied for a scholarship, you will receive result about your scholarship status in your official acceptance e-mail.
Please note that the scholarship program is highly competitive and only limited number of Scholarships can be offered.
How to apply for a scholarships
- Find the Master’s programme you want to apply to through the Master’s programmes page
- See the instructions on how to apply to the Master’s programme and prepare the necessary attachments.
- Apply for a scholarship with the same application form used to apply to the Master’s programme.
- Submit all the required attachments.
To apply visit :- Apply