Country/University: University of Toronto, Canada
Deadline: 30th November, 2023
University of Toronto is a world-renowned university in a celebrated city where knowledge meets achievement, history meets future, and ambitions meet inspiration. Leading academics and employers from around the world have rated the University of Toronto as number one in Canada and among the best in the world.
The application period for the 2023/2024 University of Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships is now open. These scholarships are designed to support outstanding students in their pursuit of education at one of the globally acclaimed institutions, the University of Toronto in Canada. The Lester B. Pearson scholarship stands as U of T’s most esteemed and competitive award for international students. It aims to acknowledge individuals who exhibit exceptional academic excellence and creativity, while also being recognized as leaders within their school and community.
This prestigious scholarship is granted on an annual basis and encompasses coverage for tuition, books, incidental fees, and comprehensive residence support for a duration of four years.
To be eligible to apply for the Pearson International Scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student (i.e., a non-Canadian requiring a study permit).
- Currently be in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2023.
- Commence your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students currently enrolled in post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2024 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
- Letter of recommendation from university/Institute last attended.
- Certified copies of all documents/ degrees from foreign office of your respective country.
- English proficiency certificate from the institute you last attended.
- Statement of intent or Motivational letter which describe why you are entrusted in this scholarship,
The Scholarship will cover the following things for the period of four years
- Tuition Fee
- Living Expense
- Medical Insurance
- Air Fare
- Incidental Fees
Obtain a nomination from your school. If your high school has not been contacted or verified, please submit an application to participate in our program, which will be available here in September (external link). High schools that have participated in previous years will receive their nomination access starting in early September.
Apply for admission to the University of Toronto (external link) to commence your studies in September 2024. Ensure you complete your application for admission by the specified deadlines (external link). Please note that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship based on your first choice of program at U of T. While you may apply for multiple programs and receive admission to them all, if awarded the Pearson Scholarship, it will be tied to your initial program choice at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
Once we have received a nomination and you have applied to the university, you can proceed to complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application. You will receive a private link to the scholarship application upon successful nomination by your school.
30th November, 2023