Duration: Up to 4 years.
Concordia University is a comprehensive public university located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Here are some key points about Concordia University:
- Formation: Concordia University was established in 1974 through the merger of two institutions: Sir George Williams University and Loyola College.
- Campuses: Concordia has two campuses in Montreal – the Sir George Williams Campus downtown and the Loyola Campus in the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce neighborhood.
- Academic Programs: The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields, including arts and science, engineering, business, fine arts, and more.
- Research: Concordia is recognized for its research contributions and has several research centers and institutes covering diverse disciplines.
- Cultural Diversity: Montreal’s vibrant and multicultural atmosphere is reflected in Concordia’s diverse student body, making it an enriching environment for international and local students alike.
- Language of Instruction: Courses are offered in English, making it accessible for international students. Montreal, however, is a bilingual city with a significant French-speaking population.
- Arts and Culture: Concordia University is known for its strong emphasis on the arts, including film, theatre, music, and visual arts.
Type of Concordia University Scholarship:
Concordia University expects talented students from all over the world, for this purpose, they have multiple scholarship programs for National and international students. Some of these Scholarship programs are discussed here one by one:
1.Entrance Scholarship Program:
Entrance Scholarships are given to full-time students having university studies for the first time. Students are automatically assessed on the basis of their academic records will be eligible for scholarship on basis of these records.
- Entrance scholarships are available to full-time students attaining university studies for the first time, based on completion of CEGEP, Canadian High School or College, or equivalent
- Applicant must be admitted to a Undergraduate program.
- These Scholarships are not for Visiting students, Independent students or students admitted to Certificate programs at Concordia University.
these scholarships are fully funded and after evaluation the scholarship amount is directly transfer to student account in two bi annually instalments. So that students can cover there tuition fees and there daily life expenses.
In-Course Scholarships are given by default , by the Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards Committee on the basis of student top assessment GPA of minimum 3.3 or above. Successful students are informed through emails.
- Available for those students who are enrolled in a Bachelor’s program.
- Students who have minimum one semester of studies completed at Concordia University.
- Students must obtain a minimum GPA of 3.30 in his last semester to be eligible.
This scholarship cover complete expense of the upcoming semester and student will be notified after the result commencement.
After applying in Concordia university you can apply in any one of the above scholarship and the deadline to apply for 2024-2025 session is 1st February 2024.