Country: United States
Duration: 3 Months
Funding: Woods Hole Coastal and Marine Science Center of the U.S.
In Students summer Fellowship program all Fellows work on a design named in collaboration with their guarantor( s) that will give meaningful results in one summer’s work. Project motifs gauge the vast diapason of exploration in ocean lores and engineering conducted in WHOI’s wisdom departments and the Woods Hole Coastal and Marine Science Center of theU.S. Geological Survey( USGS).
Fellowship donors have the occasion to attend and share in a busy schedule of addresses, forums and a hands- on, one- day ocean slice voyage onboard the R/ V Tioga fastening on data collection and slice styles with advanced naval technology and instruments.
Fellows also have numerous occasions to interact with current MIT- WHOI Joint Program graduate scholars, from the Q&A session designed specifically for that purpose to the Ethics in Science Workshop and a near- peer mentoring program. Members of groups underrepresented in ocean wisdom and engineering are encouraged to apply.
Outcomes of Students Summer Fellowship:
All Summer Student Fellows present amid-summer oral progress report. At the end of the summer, all Summer Fellows are needed to prepare a written report describing their exploration. Summer Student Fellows are also needed to make a public oral or bill donation of their results.
All Fellows are needed to attend the Summer Lecture Series as well as the Ethics in Science Workshop. In addition, Fellows are encouraged to share in the busy summer schedule of forums and events in the Woods Hole scientific community, which provides an excellent preface to the numerous angles of marine wisdom. During this fellowship you have to choose an Advisor and a project in an advance. we will discuss it below to how to choose:
Choosing an Advisor:
Fellowships are granted to do your independent research work but it requires the Guidance of a Technical staff or Advisor. These staff give you opportunity to work in their labs during the Fellowship period. List of researchers and research work is available on the website (Link given Below)
Choosing A Research work:
what to research is important in this fellowship. whether you have to present or continue your own research work or have to select some research work. for all this you will take help of an advisor. Because at the end you will be evaluated from this research work.
- Its a fully funded fellowship program of three months.
- Approx. $700 per week of stipend will be given to the researcher.
- Travel allowance of $700 will also be given.
- Accommodation will also be provided during your fellowship period.
- An updated CV which shows your qualifications and experiences.( See Sample)
- A Provisional transcript which shows the subjects you have studied till now.
- Letter of statement or motivation to show your willingness or interest (See sample)
- Two letters of recommendations from your university professors.
- This fellowship will be awarded to Undergraduates students.
- While applying for fellowship you must not have completed your undergraduate degree.
- you can apply in your last year of undergraduate program.
- Preference will be given to the students whom degrees are related to science and engineering.
- Students applying for fellowship must have keen interest in research work.
- Students from UK who have three years bachelor program , must have completed at least two years of study.
- Students who are doing five years of bachelor program must have completed at least three years of study
- Students participating in fellowship must have good communication skills.