Country: United States of America
Duration: 6 Months (1 Semester)
Funding: Fully Funded by US Department of State
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2024 (UGRAD) offers one semester (6 Months ) scholarship to outstanding students from different parts of the world. It will be a non-degree program in which you will be able to learn Community service and professional development The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (UGRAD) grants a scholarship for one semester (6 months) to exceptional students from various regions across the globe.
This program is organized by the Bureau of Educational and cultural Affairs under the umbrella of the US Department of State. Under this program undergraduate students from different parts of the world spend six months in US universities. in these six months, they have a chance to see US culture, Meet with the local people and closely watch the education system of the US.
Why to Participate?
Participation in this program is not only a one-time event but the exploration of new ideas that have a great impact on your future life. you have a chance to meet with the International exchange Alumni in different parts of the world. because there is an Alumni association in every part of the world.
In the future you have a chance to participate in these Alumni events. Also, you can mentor different programs in your community and run different projects You also have a chance to live with a US family during your six-month stay. when you live with a US family, temporarily you become a part of it. you become aware of their inner concerns , hopes, and dreams.
Through this, the participants develop leadership- skills, self-confidence, and an understanding of the complexities of the world. you will discover their way of life which you can learn as a tourist. You can experience developing new friendships, taking responsibility for yourself and respecting the beliefs of others.
- You will be exempted for tuition for a period of entire semester.
- Living Stipend will be provided.
- Return air ticket will be provided from your native country.
- A Family in the US will host you for the Accomodation.
- Health insurance will also be covered in this program.
- You must be maximum 25 years of age or Younger.
- You must be the resident of country , which has good diplomatic relations with US Government.
- You must be enrolled in Undergraduate program in your native country and have completed minimum two years of program.
- You must be commuted to return back to your home country after the exchange program.
- You must have to provide a provisional transcript with your application.
- You must be Proficient in English and have good communication skills.
- Dual Nationals or residence of US are not eligible for this Program
- Applicant studying in first and final year of undergraduate study are also not eligible.
- Employees or their family members of US department of states or its sub organizations are also not eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
Application to the Global Undergraduate exchange program 2024 is open twice a year this program has a duration of six months and starts in July or January. All your academic documents like transcripts, degrees, or any referee letter will be submitted with the online application (Link given below). Upon your selection, you will have to provide a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your university.
Every country has its own deadline so visit the below link to check the deadline and application procedure.